Friday, December 16, 2011

Favorite Things Party

 I know I have said how much I love Pinterest.....but this place really has some great ideas.  The second thing I pinned on there was a Favorite Thing party.  I loved the idea and was so excited ....I just had to do it...SO here it is. 

First the invite
Then the set up....
I gathered favorites of mine (homemade) and put them together - Bath salts, peppermint bark, and a Dollar find from my favorite section at Micheal's
I put them each in a gift back (Christmas ones) for each guest to collect their favorite things


I decorated the table with my favorite plates and table runner and centerpieces during the holidays


The party....





Thanks Robin for telling me I had to do this....it was all worth it.....such laughs and stories and fun.  We Started off first having to see why we had one name left over....

Directions: Everyone brings their favorite things (5 of them).
            Write your name of 5 slips of paper
                     Go around and tell about your favorite thing
                     Give your favorite thing to the five names  you have
                     Make sure you don't have the same names or your own.....
I added the twist....bring your favorite food to share...boy did we have a great spread....nothing the same.....everything just right.

Once we figured out that Penny had written her name twice.....heee hee Love you Penny I had the chance to tell everyone how I know each one of them and that they were my favorite people.
We each told a story why our thing was our favorite and passed it out.  We all got so excited each time and I know that I got some really new favorite things.
 Here are the ones I received:

Fuzzy Sock ~ Coffee Creamer ~ Dark Chocolate Mint Creams ~ Naked Bee lotion ~ Silicone Cupcake cups

We drank some of our favorite wines too.....


And added a few favorites to the drink menu.....I severed Cranberry Christmas Champagne...Yummy

All in all it was a great way to celebrate the holidays and get us in the spirit of giving...I can't wait to do it again!


Last thing.....here are all the items that were giving at the Favorite things party.....

 - Dark Chocolate Mint Creams - Trader Joe's - $3.99


- Smart Water and Chapstick Lip Moisture - Any mass market

- Mainstay Scented Candles - Walmart - $3.25

- "The Wet Brush" or Diva Glide (same co.) Amazon Around $7ish

- Silicone Cupcake Cups - Home Goods - $4.99

 - Noah's Bagel (For $5 bagel and a cup of Winter coffee)

 - Fuzzy Socks- Walmart or Target- $3

 Coffee Creamer- Ralphs -$3

 - Ozo Tablespoon measuring cup - Bed, Bath, and Beyond -$4

- Fleece Throw - Walmart - $2.88

- Homemade salsa - Blanca's house - CALL ME!

 - Naked Bee Lotion - From Sheila -

 - Burgundy, Crocheted MOM bookmark- Her Couch, car and bed....

 - Lavender Salt Scrub - Trader Joe's

- Neutrogena Hand Cream - target or on line - $3.97
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment